Street Denim











Hat/Jacket/Hoodie (similar)/Jeans (similar)/Shoes

With this fit I really focussed on the color palette.

Although the jacket and jeans are not the exact same wash, they are similar enough that they work well together. The jeans have this nice "mustard-like" tone to them that really goes with the shoes. All together there is really only four colors, black, white, blue and beige.
Having minimal stressing on the jacket is basically a requirement if you are going to wear it with blown-out knee jeans.
I purchased the hoodie in these pictures a year ago on H&M and unfortunately it is no longer available, however any black hoodie will look really nice. The one I am wearing has white distressed letters across the chest which go well with the distressed denim as well as compliment the white on the hat, shoes and rips in the jeans.

A few tips I would have to anyone trying to re-create this look is to first pick two denims that are almost identical. If they are similar but it's noticeable they are not the same wash I personally feel that is looks a little awkward, so really try to match for this step.

Second, if you choose to layer with a hoodie like I did, I would pick a thin hoodie that will keep you from overheating and also to pick a hoodie where the inside of the hood doesn't look like it's cheaply made or lay too flat. The one I am wearing is made of a very thin, breathable cotton which gives the hood some volume and the interior is nicely sewn to not look cheap.

Last, the hat I am wearing is a flat bill that I rolled on a pole to give it some shape. I love wearing hats however, I have a big head and "dad hats" don't always fit how I would like them to unless my hair is short. I would recommend curving the bill on a pole because if you try to do it with your hands, in many cases the bill will have jagged breaks and not be a perfect crescent.

-Robert

Comments